In general, all you require is a home or office computer with a high-speed broadband access internet connection. An Apple or PC platform will work. Also tablets and mobile devices are accepted but for best practice we recommend the use of a computer when possible. All the courses require word-processing software and software requirements such as programs for playing audio or video. In some instances, it may be necessary to upgrade your version of Flash or Java to meet course requirements. It is always recommended to use the most up-to-date versions and better connections. Moodle and Zoom will still run with the minimum specifications, but you may experience slower loading times.
There is always technical support available for questions regarding your online course environment!
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down). Check your Internet bandwidth using Speedtest (Links to an external site.).
- A webcam – one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
- A microphone – built-in to your computer or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth.
- A USB headset with microphone and earphones is recommended. Even if your laptop or desktop has speakers, the use of a headset is recommended so that the sound from the speakers does not cause an echo in the Zoom meeting. Please see this list of recommended headsets (Links to an external site.) by Logitech.
- Chrome, Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
Supported tablets and mobile devices:
- iOS and Android devices (Links to an external site.)
- Windows Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1 (Links to an external site.)
- Windows Surface PRO 3 running Win 10 (Links to an external site.)
- Blackberry devices
Use the form below to contact us, if you register by April 1st, you’ll get 20% discount using the following code: ZOOMCLASS